Thursday 28 July 2011

Rules of exposure-the differences

What mode to use?
•General travel photography▫Leave it on Program Mode▫Adjust if necessary

•Landscape▫Set on Aperture Priority▫Choose Medium /Small Aperture for depth of field

•Sports / Moving Subject▫Set on Aperture Priority▫Choose Large Aperture so get fastest shutter speed

•Want minimum depth of field▫Set on Aperture Priority▫Choose Large Aperture so get narrow depth of field

•Photography bores will tell you not to use Program Mode as it’s only for beginners.Well, after 2 years taking photographs I find it very useful. Especially when I might need a “grab” shot. I leave the camera on ISO 200 (DSLR) or ISO 100 (Compact) and in Program Mode

•Note: some photographers prefer to use Shutter Priority but I find Aperture Priority (AV) makes it easier to control what I want

No comments:

Post a Comment